CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION
INDIVIDUAL MENTORING PROGRAMS WITH ALAN OKEN
These programs are for those of you who wish to study on a one-to-one level with Alan. Each of these mentoring programs is designed around the student. There are three areas of study and five separate but linked offerings:
1. Techniques of astrological delineation. This Program is focused on humanistic, psychological astrology. The course is dedicated to astrological analysis and synthesis: taking the natal horoscope apart into each of its component parts and then putting it back together with an understanding of who is the person living inside of this geometrical mandala. Our purpose is thus twofold: obtaining a profound understanding of natal astrology and the ability to communicate what you are seeing both to yourself as well as to any person who may come to you for a consultation.
Requirements: You need to have a firm background in the language of astrology. This means that you understand the fundamental principles of the planets, signs, houses, and aspects. Please fill out the application form at the end of this section.
Recommended Texts: “Rulers of the Horoscope” (AO). I would also advise getting a copy of Marc Edmund Jones’ major work, “Essentials of Astrological Analysis.” Although for some this is a tiresome text, it is so incredibly rich in treasures of astrological depth and importance that it is definitely worth the effort. Alan may also suggest other texts or specific chapters in books depending on the orientation of the student. At various stages during the course of your studies, Alan will also give you some of his essays and writings on certain astrological themes.
* * * * *
2. Techniques of forecasting: Let the future stand revealed! This course of study is dedicated to the mastery of the indications of “astrological directions”: transits, progressions, eclipses, as well as solar and lunar return charts. The key to correct forecasting in this respect is synthesis, i.e. how to blend and integrate the results obtained from these various techniques and lenses.
Requirements: It is essential to be able to have a firm grounding in natal astrology before learning the various techniques of prognostication. Alan will therefore provide the applicant with a test in natal astrology. This will take the form of a natal chart which the individual will be asked to study interpret in 4 to 6 written pages at his or her own pace. In this respect, the individual can have up to 15 days to submit the work from the time it is given out. Please fill out the application form at the end of this section. NB: If the applicant has passed the ISAR exam, no application test is required.
Recommended References: At various intervals, Alan will give the student various essays and texts he has authored to aid the student in his or her studies.
* * * * * *
3. Essentials of Soul-Centered Astrology. In this program we will study how to examine the horoscope from the level of the Soul, comparing the “soul-centered” chart with the horoscope of the personality (traditional, humanistic astrological interpretation). The purpose is to determine the purpose of the soul in the present incarnation. Subjects include: the relationship of the traditional planetary rulers and the esoteric rulers of the signs; the Seven Rays; and the especial importance of the Ascendant in soul-centered work.
Requirements: Mentoring Program 1, Techniques of Astrological Delineation” or its equivalent in personal studies. Mentoring Program 4, “Fundamentals of the Ancient Wisdom Teachings” or its equivalent in personal students. Please fill out the application form at the end of this section.
Required Texts: “Soul-Centered Astrology” (AO) and “Esoteric Astrology” by Alice Bailey.
* * * * * *
4. Fundamentals of the Ancient Wisdom Teachings. This is open to all people who seek to learn the Wisdom contained in these Teachings. We will be covering such material as: The Laws and Principles for the development of consciousness, the Seven Rays, the Seven Planes of creation, the Chakra system as it relates to planets and consciousness and much more.
Requirement: A personal interview with Alan. Please fill out the application form at the end of this section.
Texts vary according to the student’s background of previous studies. A 60 page booklet of tables and diagrams Alan has authored is given to the student as well as recordings of various lectures on a number of the topics we are to study.
* * * * * *
5. Advanced studies in the Ancient Wisdom Teachings. For students who have completed Mentoring Program#4 or the equivalent in their own work and lives.
Requirement: A personal interview with Alan plus a written test. Please fill out the application form at the end of this section.
Texts vary according to the student’s previous studies. The 60 page booklet of tables and diagrams mention in Mentoring Program 4 will continue to be used as well as a number of recordings of various lectures given by Alan on the subjects of the Teachings.
Structure of the Mentoring Programs: The studies in all Programs are grouped into a seminar of 12 sessions. Each session lasts 75-90 minutes and is held as often as twice a month but minimally once a month. All 12 sessions must be completed within a year from the time of Session 1.
Fees: Programs 1, and 4: $3000. Programs 2, 3, and 5: $3,600. Fees may be paid either in one payment or if more convenient for the student, may be spread out up to a maximum of 5 equal monthly payments after deposit of $1000 is made. All sessions are between 75-90 minutes in length and are recorded. These recordings are sent out usually on the same day as the session itself. The fee for each Program includes time Alan spends on the reading, commenting, and correcting of homework assignments. Please do not make any payments until your application has been approved.
Please Note: There is a fee of $250 for the test mentioned in Program 2. The same fee applies for the personal interview for Programs 4 and 5. If the student is accepted into any of these Programs, the fee is deducted from the total cost of that Program. If for any reason the applicant is refused admission to any of these Programs, the fee is non-refundable.
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATIONCLICK HERE TO MAKE PAYMENTS